Re: COPY support in JDBC driver? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Ido M. Tamir
Subject Re: COPY support in JDBC driver?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Thursday 25 September 2008 09:05:39 Craig Ringer wrote:
> Albe Laurenz wrote:
> > For me the nice thing about COPY support in JDBC would be that you have
> > an easy way to load CSV files into the database or dump them out from a
> > database, which is a requirement I encounter frequently.

> It also permits you to do bulk load/dump operations within the context
> of an ongoing JDBC transaction. Somebody on this list (or -general; I
> don't remember) was trying to do that only a few days ago.

This was exactly something that I had to do once.
Thanks to java, I could even put a FilterInputStream to change the
input data before streaming it into the copyManager,

> Text-based COPY in the JDBC driver would be a significant plus to me. I
> can't say I personally care about binary COPY especially with a language
> that tries to be platform independent.

Yes please, it would be a great if this makes it into the
official driver and then onto the maven repositories.

thank you very much,
ido