Re: Verbosity of Function Return Type Checks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Verbosity of Function Return Type Checks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
> >> Modified as you suggested. BTW, will there be a similar i18n scenario
> >> for "dropped column" you mentioned below?
> >
> > Yes, you need _() around those too.
>
> For this purpose, I introduced a dropped_column_type variable in
> validate_tupdesc_compat() function:
>
>   const char dropped_column_type[] = _("n/a (dropped column)");
>
> And used this in below fashion:
>
>   OidIsValid(returned->attrs[i]->atttypid)
>   ? format_type_be(returned->attrs[i]->atttypid)
>   : dropped_column_type

I changed it to gettext_noop("the text") and _(dropped_column_type) in
errdetail, and committed it.

I'd still like to have a better way to word the message, and maybe have
this error appear in a regression test somewhere at least once ...