Re: Dumping/Restoring with constraints? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Dumping/Restoring with constraints?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 29 August 2008 8:29:55 am Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> Thanks so much! I think we may be on to something:
>

> On the pg_dump machine:
>
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=
>

> On the pg_restore machine:
>

> LANG=
> LC_COLLATE="C"
> LC_CTYPE="UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="C"
> LC_MONETARY="C"
> LC_NUMERIC="C"
> LC_TIME="C"
> LC_ALL=
>

> So how can I change the locale on my local OSX machine? This could be
> it. Thanks!

Might also be useful to do SHOW ALL from within the database cluster you have
on your restore machine. Will show what choices initdb made.

test=# SHOW all;
<Snip>
 lc_collate                      | en_US.UTF-8
 lc_ctype                        | en_US.UTF-8
 lc_messages                     | en_US.UTF-8
 lc_monetary                     | en_US.UTF-8
 lc_numeric                      | en_US.UTF-8
 lc_time                         | en_US.UTF-8
<Snip>
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net