Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 01:29:14 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hmm ... the patch works for data that contains no backslashes,
> asterisks, backquotes, vertical bars, nor underscores.  Nor perhaps
> other special characters that I might've missed in one cursory scan of
> the ReST spec.  I'm not sure which side of this should be considered a
> "corner case"; but I am quite certain that anyone trying to pass data
> into a ReST-reading application will soon be dissatisfied with this
> patch.

I think that your scan may have been a bit too cursory.  Those
characters, while significant in ReST, only matter when used in very
specific ways.  The following works just fine in my ReST application.

+----+-------+
| id | name  |
+====+=======+
|  8 | T'est |