Re: ENABLE / DISABLE ALL TRIGGERS IN DATABASE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Lee Tucker
Subject Re: ENABLE / DISABLE ALL TRIGGERS IN DATABASE
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 27 August 2008 04:24, Teemu Juntunen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this has been asked before, but I can't find the answer from arcive
> nor google. How to disable/enable all the riggers in a database? I have
> problem with disabled triggers after database restore. If there is no
> simple way, could this be made in a function where you find the table names
> and construct the needed commands in strings. If so, how to get all the
> tablenames from database?
>
> Best regards and thanks!
> Teemu Juntunen

You can accomplish this by manipulating the run time parameter,
session_replication_role. For example, from within your psql session:
SET SESSION session_replication_role = replica;
This will prevent all triggers from firing for the entire session except those
defined as "replica". We use this all the time.

HTH...
--
Terry Lee Tucker
Turbo's IT Manager