Re: Does anything dump per-database config settings? (was Re: ALTER DATABASE vs pg_dump) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Does anything dump per-database config settings? (was Re: ALTER DATABASE vs pg_dump)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > ALTER DATABASE ... SET seems to be something that doesn't fit in
> > anywhere;  I am thinking pg_dump -g should dump it.
>
> The upthread conclusion was that pg_dump -C should do it.
> I am not sure how you come to the conclusion that -g is an
> appropriate place, seeing that -g will not create the database(s)
> that it'd be trying to apply ALTER to.

Agreed, now that I see pg_dump -C.  I have added a TODO item:
Add:  Have pg_dump -C emit ALTER DATABASE ... SET commands afterdatabase creation

Does the documentation need to be updated beyond my changes from
yesterday?

http://enterprisedb.com