Re: Fwd: Restarting with pg_ctl, users, and passwords. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Fwd: Restarting with pg_ctl, users, and passwords.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 01:58:37PM -0500, Matthew Pettis wrote:
> Curious: Any ideas why I can leave the host off my connection string
> in WinXP, but not Linux?  It it an idiosyncracy of my app, or of
> PostgreSQL?

No host specified on a UNIX system means "unix domain socket" which is
essentially a way of doing a socket connection  on the local machine.
You can acheive the same effect by host=/path/to/socket.

Leaving off the host in windows I'm not sure what it does.

Have a ncie day,

Attachment