NOT DEFERRABLE as default, why and how to manage it. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject NOT DEFERRABLE as default, why and how to manage it.
Date
List pgsql-general
I just learnt that NOT DEFERRABLE is default.
I vaguely understand that generally stricter policies protect
distracted programmers from making mistakes... but missing an "alter
constraint" it makes refactoring a PITA.

Is it mandated by SQL standard?
Any other rational reason to make NOT DEFERRABLE default?

Is there any shortcut if I've to change to deferrable most of my
constraints?

Other than pgfoundry is there any other recipe repository where to
look for refactoring tools for postgresql?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it