Re: DELETE with JOIN - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From felix@crowfix.com
Subject Re: DELETE with JOIN
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 10:55:17PM -0400, Joe wrote:

> I recall a similar problem ages ago and IIRC it was due to Oracle's locking
> configuration, i.e., some parameter had to be increased and the instance
> restarted so it could handle the transaction (or it had to be done in
> chunks).

I gather that the general consensus is that Oracle and Postgresql are
different enough that I will have to figure them out independently.  I
have found that Postgresql is more tolerant of operator ignorance, so
I had hoped that any Oracle solution would work elsewhere, but maybe
not.

Thanks for the helpful responses.

--            ... _._. ._ ._. . _._. ._. ___ .__ ._. . .__. ._ .. ._.    Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket
surgeon/ felix@crowfix.com GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933