Re: DROP DATABASE always seeing database in use - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: DROP DATABASE always seeing database in use
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:

> It seems there's something wrong with CheckOtherDBBackends() but I haven't
> exactly figured out what. There are no other sessions but drop database keeps
> saying "regression" is being accessed by other users. I do see Autovacuum
> touching tables in regression but CheckOtherDBBackends() is supposed to send
> it a sigkill if it finds it and it doesn't seem to be doing so.
>
> I've been hacking on unrelated stuff in this database and have caused multiple
> core dumps and autovacuum is finding orphaned temp tables. It's possible some
> state is corrupted in some way here but I don't see what.

The buildfarm would be all red if this wasn't something local to your
installation, I think.  Maybe you should get gdb on the backend and set
a breakpoint on errfinish, or maybe step into CheckOtherDBBackends to
see why it isn't working.