Uncopied parameters on CREATE TABLE LIKE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Uncopied parameters on CREATE TABLE LIKE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
CREATE TABLE LIKE is useful to create a new partition from a template
table. We can use 3 options (INCLUDING DEFAULTS, CONSTRAINTS and INDEXES)
to copy more parameters from the template, but there are still some
uncopied parameters:
 1. column storage parameters (toast options) 2. reloptions on table (on index is copied already) 3. comments

I'd like to modify CREATE TABLE LIKE to copy those parameters. Especially
1 and 2 are important when we use CREATE TABLE LIKE on partitioning because
all of the child tables should have same physical properties.

I'm thinking to modify 1 and 2 to be copied as default from a tempalte to
a new table because reloptions of indexes are automatically copied already.
I'm not sure for 3, but as of now I have a plan to add INCLUDING COMMENTS
option to CREATE TABLE LIKE.

Comments welcome.

Regards,
---