Re: pg_dump fails to include sequences, leads to restore fail in any version - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_dump fails to include sequences, leads to restore fail in any version
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeffrey Baker escribió:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > "Jeffrey Baker" <jwbaker@gmail.com> writes:
> > > It is impossible to dump (with pg_dump -Ocx) and restore (with psql) a
> > > database which contains sequences in any of 8.1, 8.2, or 8.3:
> >
> > I should think we would have heard about it before now if such a
> > sweeping claim were true.
>
> Last time this problem came up, in August, you dismissed it somewhat
> rudely.  So perhaps the lack of reports is due more to perception than any
> other thing.

How did you set it up exactly?  I have no problem with this situation:

$ psql
Welcome to psql 8.1.10, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help with psql commands      \g
orterminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

alvherre=# create table foo (a serial);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "foo_a_seq" for serial colum
n "foo.a"
CREATE TABLE
alvherre=# \q
$ pg_dump -t foo | psql foo