Re: PostgreSQL derivatives - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: PostgreSQL derivatives
Date
Re: PostgreSQL derivatives
Re: PostgreSQL derivatives
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thursday 05 June 2008 11:24:44 Seth Grimes wrote:
> I give a plug to to PostgreSQL as the base for a variety of data
> warehousing products in a blog article, ParAccel Excels By Tapping
> Experience and Open Source, at
> http://www.intelligententerprise.com/blog/archives/2008/06/how_paraccel_ex.
>html

AFAIK Truvisio does not distribute any open source products. And actually, I
don't know of any contributions they have made directly to the community.
They hired command prompt to do some work, and that was contributed back, but
not sure on the specifics (i'd guess contributing back might have been part
of the deal)... the people I know who work there are swell guys though! :-)

Greenplum does distribute an open source product, specifically the bizgres
database. It's not widely used, but it is still available, so they should
probably be credited as such.

--
Robert Treat