Re: character varying exceeded - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: character varying exceeded
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:19:56AM -0700, Marc Fromm wrote:

> breached the 1000 limit. When the user submitted the form the data was
> not entered into the database and no error or message was displayed.

I think your application is broken.  There was so an error message
generated.  It sounds like your application didn't catch it or display
it.

If you're using straight psql, then the problem is that
client_min_messages is set too high, and clients aren't seeing
errors.  That's surely a mistake.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104