Re: reproducible database crash with simple sql command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Martin Pitt
Subject Re: reproducible database crash with simple sql command
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Christian,

redirecting to the -bugs mailing list. This is totally inappropriate
for -announce.

Christian.Strobl@dlr.de [2008-05-08 11:22 +0200]:
> first i create a table
> create table regions (id integer, name varchar);
>
> then i want to set a default value for a column, e.g.
> alter table regions alter column name set default 'bavaria';
>
> at this point crashes the database with the message
>
> PANIK: ERROR_STACK_SIZE exceeded
> [...]
> p.s.     os windows xp, sp2
>     postgres 8.3.1, visual c++, build 1400

Hm, works fine with PostgreSQL 8.3.1 on Ubuntu 8.04, also under a German
installation/locale. After the ALTER I get

martin=> \d regions
                     Tabelle »public.regions«
 Spalte |        Typ        |              Attribute
 id     | integer           |
 name   | character varying | default 'bavaria'::character varying

which looks alright to me. Might be a windows specific bug?

Martin