Re: statistics collector process is thrashing my cpu - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: statistics collector process is thrashing my cpu
Date
List pgsql-general
William Temperley wrote:
> >  >
> >  > Any ideas why this might be happening, and how I can stop it?
> >
> >  It'd be interesting to know what the stats collector is actually
> > doing. Could you, using Process Explorer or a debugger, get a stack
> > trace from that process while it's in the trashing state?
> >
> >  //Magnus
> >

> Certainly, but I'll have to wait 'til it does it again, it doesn't
> happen all the time.
> What would you like to know from Process Explorer?

Get the backtrace from hung process. Find the process in the list, open
it. Go to the tab "Threads", find the thread that's using a lot of CPU
(or at least has a lot of ocntext switchs), and click the Stack button.
That should give you a window with a backtrace.

//Magnus