Re: Proposed Patch - LDAPS support for servers on port 636 w/o TLS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Proposed Patch - LDAPS support for servers on port 636 w/o TLS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I think a better idea is to embed the flag in the pg_hba.conf entry
> itself.  Perhaps something like "ldapso:" instead of "ldaps:" to
> indicate "old" secure ldap protocol, or include another parameter
> in the URL body.

FWIW, I'm working on a proposal to change how pg_hba.conf deals with
the parameter field to make it easier to do things like this, by
using a name/value pair setup instead. The LDAP url is one reason -
it's hacky enough already *before* we add this kind of option to it...

//Magnus