quirk using 'ltree' module: paths ending with a dot result in cryptic error message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff MacDonald
Subject quirk using 'ltree' module: paths ending with a dot result in cryptic error message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
greetings,

I am using opensuse 10.3, and postgresql-contrib-8.2.6-0.1 which has
the "ltree" contrib bundled with it.

I have found that if I do a search with a path that ends in a "." (dot), the
error message I get in my logs is something like "unexpected end of line" or
some such, which imo doesn't tell me what the actual problem is :)

eros=# select * from sig where path <@ 'top.';
ERROR:  syntax error
DETAIL:  Unexpected end of line.

posting the issue here was suggested by someone in #postgresql earlier today.

if I can be of assistance with more details please let me know.

regards,
jeff
--
http://zoidtechnologies.com/