Re: Exceeded maximum lock level - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Exceeded maximum lock level
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
alexander lunyov wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>>  Fatal error 'Exceeded maximum lock level' at line 519 in file
>>> /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_mutex.c (errno = 844913743)
>>
>> This is clearly not a PG problem -- I'd think there's a bug in your own
>> code.
>
> This is very helpful :)
>
> My code is just this:

> I didn't touch any mutex (i don't even sure about what is mutex). While
> not calling any of sql functions, application works just fine. In
> non-threaded mode it is working with sql functions. Where did i go wrong?

Well, there are still many things left out, like how many times you call
this function before it fails.  Even then, I suspect the bug is in the
pthread code that comes with your operating system -- or perhaps on the
patches that the port applies to Postgres.

(For the record, I filled the missing pieces in your program and made
SQLLog loop 100000 times, which it did without a hitch.  Next time,
please submit a complete program, not just pieces of it.)