Re: Which Python library - psycopg2 or pygresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Micah Yoder
Subject Re: Which Python library - psycopg2 or pygresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 15 April 2008 10:27:14 am Dawid Kuroczko wrote:
> Whch would you suggest?
> How do they differ?

Sorry to bring this back up (I try to keep up with this list but it's hard!),
but isn't licensing a concern?

If I understand correctly, pygresql is BSD-licensed, but depends on MX which
is GPL *incompatible* whereas psycopg is GPL.

If that is the case, which one you choose depends strictly on the license of
your project.  If GPL, use psychopg.  If anything else, use pygresql.

Is that accurate?