Re: pgkill on win32 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: pgkill on win32
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 09:47:02AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Uh, sorry, got that explained backwards.
> The problem is when winsock operations are interrupted by APCs.
>
> See:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers-win32/2004-04/msg00013.php

WRT this bit:
> (1) carries a big problem - if we do this, we can *not* support SSL
> on win32, because it uses recv() and send() internally (inside the
> openssl library). Therefor, I don't think (1) is really an option -
> at least not in the long run.

openssl does not have to use recv/send, that's what the BIO
infrastructure is for. The current backend code already constructs BIOs
for reading to support interrupting (see my_sock_read), so you could
replace the read with any functions you wanted.

Have a nice day,