Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > > The xml2po tools allow the reconstruction of translated XML files from
> > > the translated PO.
> >
> > Again, this seems a whole lot more complex for very little gain to me.
> > But if you're willing to do the work, and can get the FAQ translator
> > onboard thinking it's easier than the wiki, be my guest...
>
> Actually not only I have to convince the translator -- I have to
> convince Bruce *as a first step*.  I have tried in the past and failed.
> Now he is open to discuss changing the format of the FAQs, so I suggest
> this idea again, and here I get a ton of negative responses from guys
> who have never had anything to do with the FAQ at all ...
>
> I mean what interest does Josh Drake have on whether the FAQ is in SGML
> or XML?
>
> ... and no response from Bruce, either.

I am good on moving to a wiki, as I indicated because I started this
thread.

The issue with PO is that translators should be able to pull the
_changed_ text and translate just that.  Not sure if the wiki allows
that but the PO system does.

Now, we don't have any non-English translations of the developer's FAQ,
so that isn't an issue yet, but the main FAQ does have translators.

http://enterprisedb.com