Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >
> > > Hold on a minute. You're saying only the english version would be in
> > > Docbook, and then you'd use .po files? So how do I as an end user
> > > actually *read* the FAQ then? I need to both process .po and
> > > Docbook?
> >
> > The xml2po tools allow the reconstruction of translated XML files from
> > the translated PO.
>
> Again, this seems a whole lot more complex for very little gain to me.
> But if you're willing to do the work, and can get the FAQ translator
> onboard thinking it's easier than the wiki, be my guest...

Actually not only I have to convince the translator -- I have to
convince Bruce *as a first step*.  I have tried in the past and failed.
Now he is open to discuss changing the format of the FAQs, so I suggest
this idea again, and here I get a ton of negative responses from guys
who have never had anything to do with the FAQ at all ...

I mean what interest does Josh Drake have on whether the FAQ is in SGML
or XML?

... and no response from Bruce, either.