Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:22:45 -0400
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > > I suggest we start an experiment with the FAQ in XML Docbook,
> > > which is amenable to automatic processing, and move from there.
> >
> > That makes sense.  We have many translations of the main FAQ so it
> > would be a good test for the main docs.  But how do we allow easy
> > changes via a wiki?  Maybe that isn't a concern for the main FAQ.
>
> Yes, basically my answer is "we don't".  Currently there's no such
> thing as easy editing, and while I agree it would be good to have it,
> I don't have a solution for it.

There is an option. We move to a databased format for the FAQ that
gets edited via the website. We can then write a script that wrips out
Docbook for transformation for translators.

If you look at:
http://www.commandprompt.com/community/consultants/guide/

That is what we do with the above. That is all dynamically generated
from a DB.

Joshua D. Drake