Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
bruce@momjian.us (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> I am impressed at the state of the May wiki patch queue:
>
>     http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest:May
>
> It is even tracking the psql wrap patch I am working on now.

Aside: I have made a few little changes that oughtn't be too
controversial:

1.  Added [[Category:CommitFest]] to all of the pages that are
related, thus generating a central 'index page' about this.

<http://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=Category:CommitFest>

This makes it unnecessary to have so many direct interlinks between
the commitfests.

2.  Added a = CommitFest (March|May) 2008 = header to the respective
Fests, as it is not inconceivable that there might be a
"CommitFest:May2009" or "CommitFest:March2010".

I think I want to learn a bit more about this "templating" thing, used
in the May 'fest; that looks like that might be a real good way to
simplify some of the wiki work we're doing internally.  Seems like a
slick, slick way to make it easier to build pretty structures whilst
avoiding hard-coding tables.  I'm getting more and more impressed at
MediaWiki...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/spreadsheets.html