Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >> It looks like we'll need some sort of extra filter.
>
> > Hmm.  Wow.  For example I see
>
> > FINDREPLACE
> > FINDREPLACEA
> > FINDREPLACEW
>
> > We use neither ...  My guess is that they are used in the system DLLs or
> > something like that.
>
> Presumably we could grep our own sources for each proposed typedef list
> entry --- no hits, you don't get in.

Just came up with this:

> found
> not-found
while read line ; doecho "looking for $line"rgrep -q --exclude cscope.out --exclude pgtypedefs.bsdos --exclude tags
"\<$line\>".if [ $? == 0 ]; then    echo $line >> foundelse    echo $line >> not-foundfi

done < pgtypedefs.bsdos

It's simple enough that there are some false matches, for example for
"AV" (which is a symbol we do use, but it also appears in strings etc).
But I'd say it's more than enough.

It does take a while to run though ... it's not something we'll want to
do routinely.

Okay, it finished:

$ wc -l found not-found 2035 found 592 not-found2627 total