Re: pg_terminate_backend() issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_terminate_backend() issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Here is a little different idea.  Seems we want something more like:
>
> Yeah, I thought about building a set of macros that would have this
> ability folded in, but it didn't seem like much notational advantage
> given that you have to write the cleanup routine out-of-line anyway.

Yea, agreed.  I am a little worried about the out-of-line issue because
some cases might become more complex because you have to pass lots of
parameters, perhaps.

> Also, until we have a lot more than three use-sites, more macros
> don't seem to be worth the trouble.

Oh, only three use sites.  I thought we had three wrong sites but that
more had to be changed.  Yea, go for it!

http://enterprisedb.com