Re: pulling libpqtypes from queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pulling libpqtypes from queue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Chernow escribió:

> Maybe we'll get enough support in the future to get our stubs into core.
>  Until then, you'll have to patch libpq.  We plan to provide binary
> patches for the major platforms.  You won't have to patch the guts of
> pqtypes though because that is dynamically loaded behind PQtypesLoad ...
> you just need libpqtypes.[so|dll] in your libpath.

Requiring your users to patch libpq is not going to gain libpqtypes much
acceptance.  It would be far better if it can be enabled by just calling
some additional function in the application code (after requiring the
app to link with pqtypes of course).  This additional function would
set up pqtypes for later use.

I don't really see the problem you got with the hooks.