Re: PostgreSQL Processes on a linux box - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ray Stell
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Processes on a linux box
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 04:48:03PM -0500, Erik Jones wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2008, at 4:23 PM, Stefan Sturm wrote:
>> I don''t want to kill them. So how can I find out, what ist locking them?
>> Is there a tool, which shows me such Information?
>
> There is a system catalog view called pg_locks that has an attribute called
> pid that you can use to search for entries for those procs.

This is priceless:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/explicit-locking.html
it explains the lock modes.

As for the data collection:
 http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-10/msg00841.php
this is the best starting place I've been able to find, hopefully
there is more and I've not found it.

Now what we need is some wise elaboration here: