Re: A couple of minor CVS configuration issues - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: A couple of minor CVS configuration issues
Date
List pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> Could we get "objfiles.txt" added to CVSROOT/cvsignore, as suggested
> here:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-02/msg01041.php

I'll take a look at this in a day or two.

> Another thing that's been annoying me for a long time is that the
> cvsweb server does not show $PostgreSQL$ lines properly in diffs; for
> example here
>
> http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/arrayfuncs.c?r1=1.140&r2=1.140.2.1
>
> the displayed diff in the $PostgreSQL$ line is for the ancestor
> revision not this one.  I recall someone saying that this was because
> $PostgreSQL$ is not known as a keyword by the anoncvs CVS
> installation. If that's the case, could we get it fixed please?

The problem is, IIRC, that cvsweb uses rcsdiff to run it's diffs, and
there is no way to make it recognize it without manually patching the C
code to rcsdiff and do a separate install.

That said, I'll add it to my TODO (well, it's been there for a while
mentally, just not written down), but it's not going to be a quick-fix.

//Magnus