Re: Snapshot memory management - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Snapshot memory management
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> To implement this I propose keeping track of four additional pointers in
> SnapshotData: "next" and "prev" in the registered list, and "next" and
> "prev" in the active stack.

FWIW this does not work as proposed because one snapshot can be stored
as active more than once simultaneously.

Back to the drawing board on memory management -- so far I have merged
the two snapshot patches I had (RegisterSnapshot and ActiveSnapshot),
and the result looks reasonably good.