Re: Fix for win32 stat() problems - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Fix for win32 stat() problems
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > + #ifndef WIN32
> >           if (stat(xlogpath, &stat_buf) == 0)
> > + #else
> > +         if (pgwin32_safestat(xlogpath, &stat_buf) == 0)
> > + #endif
>
> Ick.  Please do this the way we normally do things when we have to
> override broken Windows syscalls, that is put something like
>
>     #define stat(...)  pgwin32_stat(...)
>
> into the win32 port header file, so the calls don't have to be
> nonstandard.

The reason not to do so was to avoid having to do the two filesystem
calls for *every* stat, instead just calling them both when we actually
need to use the st_size member. I take it you don't think that's a good
enough reason, but I just want to be sure you're aware that's why I did
it the way I did.

Or do you by any chance now a better way to accomplish that goal? :-)

//Magnus