Re: Fix for win32 stat() problems - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix for win32 stat() problems
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ick.

> The reason not to do so was to avoid having to do the two filesystem
> calls for *every* stat, instead just calling them both when we actually
> need to use the st_size member.

I don't think that's worth (a) the code uglification, or (b) the chance
of a bug later due to someone not knowing they need the special version
of stat().  Are there any stat() calls that are in sufficiently
performance-critical paths that it really matters?  How much slower is
the second call, anyway?

            regards, tom lane