Re: Disable Triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Lee Tucker
Subject Re: Disable Triggers
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 09 April 2008 13:12, Tom Lane wrote:
> Terry Lee Tucker <terry@chosen-ones.org> writes:
> > My question is: When tgenabled is set to "D", how does that setting
> > interact with session_replication_role and, is there a way to use
> > tgenabled with a setting of "D" to prevent a particular trigger from
> > firing. Using ALTER TABLE to disable the trigger won't work because the
> > whole table is locked during the transaction and I only want the disabled
> > trigger to apply to the current transaction in the current session.
>
> I'll bet you're missing a relcache flush operation.  I don't think an
> update on pg_trigger will cause that by itself.
>
>    regards, tom lane

Thanks for the response Tom. I hate to be dense, but I really don't have a
clue as to what you are saying. I can't find anything in the docs regarding
"relcache flush". I have to get this issue resolved as our system uses a Perl
process to keep certain columns in certain tables in sync across several
databases, so, if you can point me in the right direction, that would be
great.

--
Terry Lee Tucker
Turbo's IT Manager