search.pg.org not obeying .htaccess either - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject search.pg.org not obeying .htaccess either
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

search.postgresql.org has a .htaccess that forbids getting the .svn/
files, but it doesn't work: if I get
http://search.postgresql.org/.svn/entries I do get a file back (with an
error in it, yes, but that's beside the point.)

I mention this because I think there's something whacked about this
server's httpd.conf but I have no idea what it is.

For the message-Id URLs on archives.postgresql.org (same server) I
entered the RewriteRule line I needed in httpd.conf because they didn't
work on .htaccess -- but I don't like that.

If anyone with a clue on Apache configuration can take a look and figure
out what's wrong, I'd be thankful.