Re: New boxes available for QA - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: New boxes available for QA
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Greg Smith (gsmith@gregsmith.com) wrote:
> >=4 cores, >=8GB RAM, and >=8 disks with a usable write-caching controller
> in it.

hrmmm.  So a DL385G2, dual-proc/dual-core with 16GB of ram and 8 SAS
disks with a Smart Array P800 w/ 512MB of write cache would be helpful?

I've got quite a few such machines, along with larger DL585s.  I can't
make one externally available immediately but I could set one up to do
benchmark runs and to dump the results to a public site.  What I don't
have atm is alot of time though, of course.  Are there scripts and
whatnot to get such a set up going quickly?

I'll also investigate actually making one available to the community.
Thanks,
    Stephen