Re: Several tags around PostgreSQL 7.1 broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: Several tags around PostgreSQL 7.1 broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
.

* Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> [080401 12:01]:
> I have now managed to investigate why some conversions of the PostgreSQL CVS
> repository to other formats are having trouble or are failing.  Here, I am
> looking at git-cvsimport in particular.
>
> The problem appears to be that several tags around the time of PostgreSQL 7.1
> are broken or inconsistent.  For instance, here is a piece of output of
> cvsps:
>
> WARNING: Invalid PatchSet 9441, Tag REL7_1:
>     src/pl/plpgsql/src/mklang.sql.in:1.6=after,
> src/pl/plpgsql/src/INSTALL:1.2=before. Treated as 'before'

I talked about this here:http://mid.gmane.org/20080220225300.GE16099@yugib.highrise.ca

Here's a "quick hack" to cvsps that I use to ignore the problematic
tags.  Of course, I've stuck with fromcvs for my PostgreSQL git mirror
simply because even though I *can* use cvsps on PostgreSQL with that
hack, it's still loads slower than fromcvs.  Since cvsps/cvsimport is so
slow, I didn't pursue making this patch usable, and moving forward with
using cvsps/cvsimport.
aidan@db1-dapper:~/build/cvsps.git$ git diffdiff --git a/cvsps.c b/cvsps.cindex 981cd78..d436591 100644--- a/cvsps.c+++
b/cvsps.c@@-2184,15 +2184,28 @@ static void parse_sym(CvsFile * file, char * sym)     } }

+const char* skip_symbols[] =+{+       "REL7_1_BETA",+       "REL7_1_BETA2",+       "REL7_1_BETA3",+       NULL+};+
voidcvs_file_add_symbol(CvsFile * file, const char * rev_str, const char * p_tag_str) {     CvsFileRevision * rev;
GlobalSymbol* sym;     Tag * tag;+    int i;

     /* get a permanent storage string */     char * tag_str = get_string(p_tag_str);
+    for (i = 0; skip_symbols[i] != NULL; i++)+       if (strcmp(tag_str, skip_symbols[i]) == 0)+           return;+
debug(DEBUG_STATUS, "adding symbol to file: %s %s->%s", file->filename, tag_str, rev_str);     rev =
cvs_file_add_revision(file,rev_str);     put_hash_object_ex(file->symbols, tag_str, rev, HT_NO_KEYCOPY, NULL, NULL);

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,