Re: psql /usr/lib/libgcc dependency in pg 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: psql /usr/lib/libgcc dependency in pg 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 07:58:25PM -0400, John DeSoi wrote:
> I notice that when I build 8.3.1 psql on OS X (10.5.2) there is now a
> library dependency on /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib.

It appears to be a support library for gcc for certain routines that
are architecture specific or language specific like stack unwinding,
etc. Apparently if gcc is compiled to know that the runtime can do it
(ie, you're using glibc) then gcc can be configured without it.

There is apparently a -static-libgcc option if you dont want to use the
shared version.

Have a nice day,

Attachment