Re: Email monitoring - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: Email monitoring
Date
List pgsql-www
Hello,

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:17:58 -0400 (EDT) Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Should we set up a dummy email list that I can send to in an automated
> way every hour?  If I don't get a reply in X minutes I can send out an
> alert to people.

That could be (if needed) easier done with the existing monitoring
system. But i'm all for a working mailinglist solution instead some
workarounds to check a non-functional setup.

Bruce: if you setup such a system you (but nobody else) knows about a
problem. What use will be this system, if you are offline, away or just
sleeping? So we need some more people sending mails periodically and
check the result. This will result in a lot overhead and i assume in
some false (and some true) positives.

Kind regards

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group