Re: Insert - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Insert
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 23 March 2008 3:04 pm, Bob Pawley wrote:
> Is this what you need??
>
> Bob
>
> CREATE TABLE p_id.association
> (
>   monitor integer,
>   devices_id integer NOT NULL,
>   mon_function integer,
>   monitoring_fluid integer,
>   ps_open character varying(5),
>   ps_closed character varying(5),
>   CONSTRAINT association_pkey PRIMARY KEY (devices_id)
> )
> WITHOUT OIDS;
> ALTER TABLE p_id.association OWNER TO postgres;
>

> CREATE TABLE p_id.devices
> (
>   p_id_id integer,
>   devices_id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT
> nextval('devices_devices_id_seq'::regclass),
>   fluid_id integer,
>   pipe_id integer,
>   tag_number character varying(100),
>   device_number integer,
>   idw_deviceid integer,
>   sump integer,
>   CONSTRAINT devices_pk PRIMARY KEY (devices_id)
> )
> WITHOUT OIDS;
> ALTER TABLE p_id.devices OWNER TO postgres;

Yes. Some further questions. How are association and devices related? I see
devices_id in both so is one a Foreign Key to the other? I ask because in
your function you relate them via association.mon_fluid=devices.device_number
as well as
p_id.association.monitoring_fluid = p_id.devices.fluid_id
or p_id.association.monitoring_fluid = p_id.devices.pipe_id
I am not quite sure I understand monitoring_fluid=pipe_id.