Re: Updating - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Updating
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 16 March 2008 5:36 pm, Bob Pawley wrote:
> Would it be possible to get an example of such coding??
>
> Bob

CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS trigger AS
$Body$
    BEGIN
       IF NEW.colname != OLD.colname  THEN
            ..."Do something"..;
        RETURN whatever;
    ELSE
        RETURN NEW:
        END IF;
    END;
$Body$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

CREATE TRIGGER foo_test BEFORE UPDATE ON foo_table FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE
PROCEDURE foo();
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net