Re: Suppress compiler warnings on mingw - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: Suppress compiler warnings on mingw
Date
Re: Suppress compiler warnings on mingw  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> > - Cast DWORD to unsigned integer explicitly.
> >     DWORD is always 32bit integer on both 32bit and 64bit Windows.
>
> I think if that is so, you wouldn't need to add any casts.  Instead you would
> only need to use the right format specifier.

DWORD is an alias for 'unsigned long' in 32bit Windows.
Do you know how it defined in 64bit Windows?

Postgres requires sizeof(long) = sizeof(void *), but sizeof(DWORD) is
always 4. I fear the formatter for long integer might be broken
in 64bit platform.

If we could expect C99 is always available, 'PRIu32' would be the best choice.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center