Re: Ask ctid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Ask ctid
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 05:40:00PM +0700, Achmad Nizar Hidayanto wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I implement database in my faculty using Postgre. I have a problem
> with ctid in my tables. Let say, i have table STUDENT with #STU
> as the primary key. I don't know what happend in this table, some
> rows have exactly the same value ( i also have set the #STU as unique).
> After tracing the table,  i found that the two rows differ in ctid value.
> As the impact, my application cannot operate well.

You need to provide way more information. Your description is kinda
vague. Why are youusing the ctid any, it's not a stable identifier for
a row...

Please show us actual output from psql showing your problem and the
definitions of your tables.

Have a nice day,

Attachment