Re: Removing Users and Revoking Privileges - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Removing Users and Revoking Privileges
Date
List pgsql-general
Carl McCalla wrote:
> To All,
>
> I am running Postgres version 7.4.19.
>
> One thing I wanted to do and have successfully completed is changing the
> ownership of a Postgres database and all of its tables to a new owner.
> I have also successfully granted access privileges to the new owner.

FWIW this is all covered in a future Postgres version: if any user has
remaining references on any database, the system won't let you drop it,
and it will produce a list of the affected objects.  That way it is a
lot easier to clean the whole thing up.

I know it doesn't solve your problem; I'm just mentioning it in case
you're looking for reasons to migrate to a newer version.