Re: Regarding interval conversion functions and a seeming lack of usefulness - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Regarding interval conversion functions and a seeming lack of usefulness
Date
List pgsql-general

> Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> writes:
> > There seems to be a lack of useful functions for converting intervals
> > to useful representations.  For example, I want to display an interval
> > in hours and fractions of hours only, not hours and minutes.
>
> Perhaps EXTRACT(EPOCH ...) to get total seconds and then do some
> arithmetic?

Well, that's more or less what I've been doing (although the EPOCH
thing shortened the code up a bit, thanks!).

It just seemed like this would be something so common that there'd
be something in existence already.  I guess I was wrong.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com