win32: how to backup (dump does not work) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From fkater@googlemail.com
Subject win32: how to backup (dump does not work)
Date
Re: win32: how to backup (dump does not work)
Re: win32: how to backup (dump does not work)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I urgently need a way to simply backup the database's data on win32
(e.g. the 'data' directory).

As discussed earlier I can't use dump/dumpall since my data needs
persistent tableoids which, however, are not the same after a restore.

AFAIK stopping the server, zipping data dir, and restarting the server
creates a zip file which is not easily portable to other computers due
to some ntfs file system permission problems.

Does anyone have another idea how to backup (besides disk images)?

Thank You
Felix