Re: How to copy tables between databases? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Uwe C. Schroeder
Subject Re: How to copy tables between databases?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 26 February 2008, Kynn Jones wrote:
> Is there a simple way to copy a table from one database to another without
> generating an intermediate dump file?
> TIA!
>
> Kynn

pg_dump -t [table] [database] | psql -U [remoteuser] -h [remotehost]
[remotedatabase]

comes to mind...

You can and maybe have to add more switches to the pg_dump command, but the
above is what I'm doing (my local db is set to trust) to copy a table with
data to a remote machine

    Uwe

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC    1618 Kelly St
Phone:  +1 707 568 3056        Santa Rosa, CA 95401