Disable Triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Lee Tucker
Subject Disable Triggers
Date
Re: Disable Triggers
Re: Disable Triggers
List pgsql-general
Greetings:

We have been working diligently toward integrating Slony into our production
databases. We've been having trouble with various tables, although being
replicated perfectly in the initial replication stage, afterwards, getting
out of sync.

I have finally figured out what the problem is. We have a Perl process that
continually updates certain columns across all databases. That Perl process
calls a function we have written called disable_triggers which updates
pg_class, setting reltriggers to 0 for the given table, and then later, after
the work is complete, resetting reltriggers to the original value.
Unfortunately, during this process, the Slony trigger is disabled as well
which is causing our problem.

My questions is this: how would I go about changing my function so that all
the triggers EXCEPT the Slony trigger would be disabled? Any ideas?

Version:
PostgreSQL 7.4.19 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.6
20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-9)
--
Terry Lee Tucker
Turbo's IT Manager