Re: CVS repository invalid revision - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: CVS repository invalid revision
Date
Re: CVS repository invalid revision  (Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@canonical.com>)
Re: CVS repository invalid revision  (Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca>)
List pgsql-hackers

Being prodded by this, I decided to take another look at why cvsps
doesn't work on PostgreSQL CVS repository...

It happens that it's choking on a bunch of the various REL7_1 tags...
And, the fromcvs converter, which works fine, just happens to *not*
support importing tags - go figure ;-)

So, my solution - strip them all out, and low-and-behold, cvsps works
(and thus, so does git-cvsimport).

So, for people having problems with the "cvs repository", try and
eliminate the REL7_1* tags, and see if the problems go away...

Here's my ugly 30 second perl to "remove" the REL7_* tags...

Of course, git-cvsimport (with tags stripped) takes hours to convert the
repository, rather than the couple 10s of minutes for fromcvs, but at
least it works...

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,