Re: Benchmark Data requested - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Benchmark Data requested
Date
List pgsql-performance
Le mercredi 06 février 2008, Greg Smith a écrit :
> COPY.  If you're loading a TB, if you're smart it's going onto the server
> itself if it all possible and loading directly from there.  Would probably
> get a closer comparision against psql \copy, but recognize you're always
> going to be compared against the best server-side copy method available.

Fair enough on your side, even if I can't expect an external tool using
network protocol to compete with backend reading a local file. I wanted to
make sure the 50% slowdown was not only due to my code being that bad.

> There are way too many data massaging cases I never expect the backend
> will handle that pgloader does a great job of right now, and I think there
> will always be a niche for a tool like this.

Let's try to continue improving the tool then!
--
dim

Attachment